nGenius 1500 series packet flow switch is a compact, cost-effective, high performance network monitoring switch that eliminates the barriers to accessing diverse network traffic for use by the nGeniusONE unified performance management platform or any other network monitoring or security system.
Optimized for lower density targeted deployments, the nGenius 1500 series packet flow switch delivers high performance and low latency aggregation and distribution of network traffic, providing up to 24 ports of 1 GbE and 10 GbE in a single rack unit. Built from a high-performance switching engine, the nGenius 1500 series switch delivers wire-speed intelligent filtering, and load balancing of traffic to enable traffic collection from a single monitoring point and delivery to many devices, eliminating the need for redundant tapping points or scarce mirror/SPAN ports. In addition, the nGenius 1500 series switch supports migration activities from 1 GbE to 10 GbE allowing the IT organization to extend the useable life of Gigabit generation tools.
With the nGenius 1500 series packet flow switch, all monitored traffic can be optimized and highly conditioned to improve end-device performance by delivering only the needed data from a particular packet-flow or user session. This enables the IT organization to efficiently consolidate scarce and costly monitoring points and intelligently share valuable traffic flows across multiple management and CyberSecurity tools consistently.
The compact nGenius 1500 series packet flow switch delivers up to 24 ports of 1 or 10 Gigabit Ethernet with a wire-speed, non-blocking packet switching engine. Key capabilities include:
- High port density in a single rack unit with up to 24 FlexPorts that support either 10 or 1 GbE
- 240 Gbps low latency switch fabric with ultra-low 650 ns latency port-to-port
- User definable aggregation and distribution: many-to-any, and any-to-many, one-to-one
- Wire-speed, intelligent, Layer 2/3/4 packet filtering
- Real-time port tagging, filtering/removing/replacing VLAN tags
- User definable packet slicing to forward configurable relevant portion of packets
- Port configuration flexibility – any port can be configured for network (ingress) or monitoring (egress) functions
- Pay as you grow port activation enables configuration flexibility to expand density with minimal capital investments
- Web-based GUI for administration, maintenance and remote management
- Integrated with the nGenius olution for streamlined administration and monitoring.